Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blog Spotlight: Poor Girl Eats Well

My mom requested Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Shots after both the recipe and the blog, Poor Girl Eats Well, were featured in the Sacramento Bee. I recently discovered the Poor Girl Eats Well blog too and have really taken a liking to it. I, too, have had to cut my food budget tremendously (in order to avoid down-sizing my shoe fund) so I've been trying to shop smarter and to be more creative with my meals i.e. try to create balanced meals with whatever food I happen to have on hand. I've been making much smaller grocery store trips too. I'm pretty much forced to eat whatever food I have on hand and I don't end up throwing out much that way. It's a win-win!

Anyway, Poor Girl Eats Well is filled with lots of creative ideas for feeding yourself {well} on a budget. I particularly like Kimberly's Hunger Challenge posts where she manages to feed herself on only $4.72 a day. You can barely get a drink at Starbucks for that! So, you can imagine, when my mom requested Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Shots, I was happy to oblige.

Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Shots

I don't actually have shot glasses (I know, what's wrong with me, right?) so I used sundae glasses and made more of a parfait than a "shot."

Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Shots

The verdict? Not quite cheesecake but if you are looking to fulfill a cheesecake craving on a budget, these puppies fit the bill! Mmm....

No comments: