Wednesday, July 4, 2012

EATS: Bows & Arrows Collect & Vanilla Bean



A couple of my girlfriends and I met up at Bows & Arrows Collective, where I ordered a White Sangria and what I think was called the Salmon Salad Roll. Everything was delicious and I loved how fresh and light everything tasted. The atmosphere could not be better - I drank my sangria from a mason jar - and the mish-mash of patio furniture amongst numerous potted plants and succulents made for the perfect garden setting. It was so pretty, I actually wondered if they would hold a wedding reception there! An added bonus are the misters, which are pretty much necessary in Sacramento's Summer heat!



The next stop was Vanilla Bean. The cupcakes behind the counter were beautifully decorated, though I was a bit intimidated by the chain yogurt store feel of the place. After checking out their website, with flavors like Bacon Maple Bar and S'more, I would definitely give the cupcakes another chance. This time I opted for low-fat peanut butter yogurt. Yum.

I am so thankful to have crafty friends who "get" my quirks and love me anyway.

Tomorrow I am planning for a day of paddle boarding at the lake. Can't wait!

No comments: